Friday, August 31, 2012

FARM TO TABLE: SUMMER SALSA WITH PEACHES




This salsa was delicious!  My sister gave me some tomatoes and cucumber from her garden the other day.  I was thinking....what can I make with these.  Ah yes, a peach salsa to snack on!  Super easy and so yummy!   Here's a pic from my Instagram of the garden picked veggies from my sister.  She has become quite the gardener.




I really like this version because it's a bit different from the traditional salsa and the peaches add that slight sweetness to make it a fun summer snack.

INGREDIENTS:

3 tomatoes, chopped
1 green heirloom tomato, chopped
1 small cucumber, chopped (I used 1/2 of this one)
1/2 red onion chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro
2 peaches, pitted, peeled and chopped
2 limes, juice of
1 Jalapeno, diced - optional
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Mix all the vegetable and fruit ingredients together in a large bowl.  Squeeze in the lime juice.  Mix in  the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.  Serve with your favorite chips or crackers and dig in!


Hope your summer is going well!

Enjoy!



Photo taken with iPhone4, plates from Ikea, paper from Michaels

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just saw some new chips at trader's that I think this would be perfect for. The quinoa and black bean chips.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...