Thursday, August 30, 2012

CURRENTLY SNACKING ON... HOME MADE KALE CHIPS









These kale chips came out so good.  I am definitely going to make these again. And its super easy!  What a great healthy snack.   Here's what you need to do...

INGREDIENTS:

1 bunch kale, cut off the bottom stems, they are too chewy once dehydrated.
Olive Oil
Salt 

Cut the kale into chip large chip size pieces.  I just made a few cuts lengthwise.  They do shrink a little, so if you cut them too small, your chips will be small.  Put the pieces of kale in a large bowl and coat with the olive oil.  Try to make sure each piece is coated, but don't drown them.  Lay them out on the dehydrator trays then lightly salt.  Cook them in the dehyrator at 118 degrees for about 12 hours.  And voila!  You have home made kale chips!    Yum!

We all have heard that kale is really good for us.  Here's some nutritional facts I gleaned HERE.




If you are looking for a dehyrator and don't want to spend a lot of money, I got mine HERE.  And here's what it looks like.  To me it works perfectly fine and it's not too big, so I really like it.



I am going to make some beet chips again soon and will be posting pics and the recipe for that too.  Love beet chips!

Talk soon...
Enjoy!


Photo Taken by Felicia with iPhone 4, Kale Chips, Plate from Target, Paper from Michaels, dehyrator from Bed Bath and Beyond








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh happy day I am going to get my dehydrator today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...