Thursday, August 23, 2012

RAW SWEET AND SPICY CASHEWS









Sweet and Spicy Cashews


Ok, friends, I made a little mistake on my Instagram post about the dehydrated cashews.  I called them Chilli Lime, but they are in fact Sweet & Spicy.  So sorry about that folks!  In any case, they are still very tasty!

You will also need a dehydrator to make these if you want to keep them raw.  I got mine HERE and it works great.  I love using this to to dehydrate mushrooms and tomatoes, and I've made Beet Chips too!

These cashews do take a little time, so plan about two days ahead if you want to make these.

RAW SWEET AND SPICY CASHEWS


1-1/2 cups raw cashews ~ soak for 4 hours or more
1/4 cup raw honey
2 teaspoons ground chili pepper
1/2 teaspoon sea salt

 Drain and dry the cashews and toss them in a medium bowl with the honey, chili pepper, and salt until well coated.  Spread them in one layer on a texflex-lined dehydrator (so they don't fall through the grid on the open tray) and dehydrate at 115 degrees for 1-2 days, until crunchy.  I dehydrated mine for 48 hours.

What a tasty treat.  You can eat these alone as a snack or use them in a salad.  I added them to a spicy peanut salad that I made last night.  I'll be sharing that recipe, I think tomorrow.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...