Thursday, August 16, 2012

GREETINGS: MY FOOD REVOLUTION


























Ta-dah!

I am excited to write my first post for A Simply Raw Life!  I am really excited to be able to jounal my thoughts, recipes and happenings that revolve around food, which is a HUGE part of my life.  One of the recipes that got me started on this food revolution is a Raw Peach Cobbler recipe from Just Glowing with Health.  I went crazy with it and have adapted it into my everyday meals.  The "crust" of the Raw Peach Cobbler recipe has become something I eat almost every day with my favorite fruit.  I even use it on desserts!  I've made a couple versions of this which I will detail below.  This Crumble is so delicious, I hope you love it just as much as I do.


RAW ALMOND, COCONUT & DATE CRUMBLE

INGREDIENTS
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup raw dried coconut
6-12 dates


Add all the ingredients into a food processor and mix together.
Spoon onto your favorite fruit and add a drizzle of raw honey or raw agave to add some gooey sweetness.



Here's a slightly different version for those who want something a little sweeter and not so "raw".

ALMOND, COCONUT & DATE CRUMBLE

INGREDIENTS
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup bakers coconut
6-12 dates

Add all the ingredients into a food processor and mix together.
The baker's coconut is sweetened, however, you still can add a drizzle of agave or honey to make it just that much more sweeter.

Dates have become one of my new best friends.  It's a super food that is a force to be reckoned with even though it is small in size.
Check out the nutritioinal information on dates HERE.




Here are a couple more photos of the crumble on various dishes I have eaten...

with pears and blueberries



with peaches, blueberries and ice cream




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...