Thursday, August 23, 2012

RAW PEANUT SAUCE



Peanut Sauce


There's nothing like a refreshing salad on a hot summer's day.  I've wanting to change up the salads I have been making to something different.  Thai sounds good, I thought.  When I was checking out some of my favorite food blogs the other day, I saw this peanut sauce recipe on Sprouted Kitchen. The Sprouted Kitchen recipe is not raw, so if you want to make a non-raw version, then this one is very tasty.  

I switched one ingredient... I used raw peanuts instead of peanut butter.  Just to warn you, the raw recipe is not as creamy and smooth as the peanut butter recipe, but it is very tasty just the same.

 

RAW PEANUT SAUCE

 
1 cup raw peanuts (soaked for 4 hours or more and drained) or creamy, unsalted peanut butter
2 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
zest and juice of one large lime
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
2-4 tablespoons light coconut milk or water, as needed
1/4 cup chopped cilantro, optional
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt

Add all of the ingredients besides cilantro to a high speed  blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust as preferred. Add the cilantro, give it another few pulses and store in an airtight jar in the fridge.

I can see using this on various dishes.  Very tasty.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...