Monday, August 20, 2012

GREEN SMOOTHIES & INSTAGRAM





Monday  mornings are tough...  I have to get up at the break of dawn and the best thing I can do for myself to pump me up for the day and get me out the door is make a smoothie.  Particularly a green smoothie.  Currently this one is my favorite.  I vary the fruits on different days, but seriously you guys, it tastes so good you don't even realize that you are drinking any vegetables.  My 3 year old even loves this one!  (He thinks he tastes chocolate in it, shhhhh.... don't tell him there isn't an ounce of chocolaet in it.)

INGREDIENTS:

Equal parts...
ALMOND MILK
FRESH APPLE JUICE
SPINACH - ADD A LITTLE MORE IF YOU WANT MORE GREEN
FROZEN STRAWBERRIES
FROZEN BANANAS
FROZEN PINEAPPLES (OR PEACHES)
2 CHOPPED DATES

You can even add in 2 table spoons of flax or chia seeds.
Blend all the ingredients together in a high speed blender.
Voila!



If you are on instagram also check out @simplegreensmoothies for more ideas.  Jadah also has a great website for healthy families called Family Sponge - A Playground for Parents.  If you are a newbie to green smoothies, her LINK on breaking into green smoothies is helpful.  What a great way to stay healthy.  I know my family LOVES it!

Have a great Monday!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...