Saturday, September 15, 2012

CAULIFLOWER RICE WITH PESTO




I am really loving this "rice" recipe!  Super, super easy and packed with flavor.  The pesto recipe is vegan and super flavorful.  I have been craving some pesto lately since my basil plant is still thriving... pray for me.  I hope it stays strong.







I definitely think this "rice" will be one of my go-tos for a quick and easy raw meal. 

CAULIFLOWER RICE WITH PESTO


FOR THE RICE
1 head cauliflower, chopped in the food processor
1 red pepper, diced
4 stalks of celery, diced
3 persian cucumbers, diced
1 small basket of crimini mushrooms or portobellos, chopped

VEGAN PESTO
1/3 cup pine nuts                  
1/2 cup olive oil                  
5 cloves garlic
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1 bunch fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper to taste
For the pesto all the ingredients except the olive oil in the food processor, start processing and then slowing drizzle in the olive oil as everything is being processed.  Mix thoroughly.
Mix all the ingredients for the rice into a large bowl.  Then fold in the pesto sauce as desired and its ready to serve!
Such a delicious recipe.  Enjoy!







6 comments:

ShutterDee said...

Made this today! I added raisins and sunflower seeds it was fantabulous!!! O and avocado!!

Felicia said...

ShutterDee, Oh sounds delicious!!

Katherine said...

I want to try this! You're pictures are beautiful :)

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

Ash said...

Hey there, I can't wait to try this recipe, but just to check - how many servings is your recipe for? Many thanks :)

Felicia said...

Katherine, thank you so much from one REAL food enthusiast to another! xFelicia

Felicia said...

Ash, Thank you so much, yes it serves as a side dish for 4. xFelicia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...