Tuesday, November 13, 2012

NO COOK APPLE CRUMBLE

 
I love the fact that in Los Angeles you can drive anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours (depending on where you live) and be at the mountains, the snow, dessert, the beach, wineries, or a farm.  I am bummed I missed out this year, but I've had a couple of my mommy friends who took their kids apple picking, one of them being our lovely contributor Britney.  She took her daughter Zion to Oak Glen Apple Orchard.  Also, my friend Deborah over at My Life At Playtime took her three kids over to Riley's Farm.  Check our her blog post about their excursion HERE.  Looks like so much fun!!
 

 
So, with the fall season fully in swing now here (FINALLY!), I've been wanting to make an apple dessert.  This recipe is so super simple and so delicious and can be eaten several different ways.  For all you raw foodies, this is a raw dessert.  Here's what you do...
 

NO COOK APPLE CRUMBLE

 

For the crumble
 
3/4 cup walnuts
3/4 cup almonds
6 -8 pitted dates
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
In a food processor, chop all ingredients together into a crumbly, but moist texture.  Set aside in a bowl.
 
 
For the apple filling
 
6 large apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
4-6 medjool dates
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Dash of sea salt

In a food processor PULSE 4 of the apples into small chunks and transfer to a mixing bowl.
Process the remaining 2 apples with the dates, cinnamon and salt, until smooth (like applesauce). Mix both together and spread into the bottom of a 9x9" pan and then sprinkle the crumble on top.
 
This crumble by itself can be used to top yogurt, add to your cereal, topped on fresh fruit, topped on icecream... the options are endless.
 
Same goes for the filling.  I was eating the filling by itself last night. So good!  I added some to the overnight oatmeal for my husband.  You can also mix it into your cereal, yogurt or top it on ice cream.  So delicious!
 
Enjoy! 
 

 
 

Join the discussion!

Do you have a favorite Raw or Vegan Apple Dessert recipe? We would love to hear what it is! Share it in the comments below. Links are welcome.
 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made this on the weekend. It is so delicious! Thank you
I've eaten it both raw and warmed (which you might not agree with) but it's sooo good both ways.

Felicia said...

So glad you enjoyed it. I don't judge, lol! This is delicious both ways. Love that you loved it too! Which reminds me that I need to make this again! x Felicia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...