Thursday, October 18, 2012

DETOX + BEAUTY WATER




Refreshing Beauty Water
Written by contibutor Britney Manuel of Btanjerine and A Simply Raw Life.



So as many of you know I am a Pinterest junkie, and amidst my pinning I’ve pinned this recipe for "sassy water" ummmm....several times let’s just say.  So when I saw it the other day for the umpteenth time I decided, “I need to make this!”  To my surprise the blog was in Russian, but you can scroll down until you see some letters you recognize.  You can check it out here.

Let’s admit it, sometimes its hard to drink as much water as one should.  But this snazzier take on a necessary beverage is like a little black dress for your water.  I found it made it easier and more enjoyable to drink my daily allotment of water.  

This water is a great detoxifier and some of the health benefits include:

  • Ginger aids in digestion and can reduce your risk of constipation.


  • Lemon works as a natural diuretic and promotes a healthy pH balance. 


  • Cucumbers contain erepsin, an enzyme that helps your body digest protein and also supports the health of your kidneys due to their diuretic properties. 


  • Chemicals in mint leaves also support digestion. .


For more info on this "sassy water" check out this article here.  It also supports having a flat belly, and i am all for that!

So here are the deets!

 

DETOX BEAUTY WATER




BITS & PIECES

1 cucumber (peeled + thinly sliced)
1 lemon (peeled + thinly sliced)
1 tsp ginger  (finely chopped)
10 mint leaves


THE PROCESS

Add sliced cucumber, sliced lemon, chopped ginger, and mint leaves to a pitcher.  Add 2 liters of water.  Let it seep for a few hours or overnight et voila!  Refreshing beauty water!

**NOTE: I don’t add the lemon peel because if it seeps for too long in the water it starts to taste bitter.  Also  after I drank all the water,  I refilled the pitcher and let it seep another night.  So I got 2 uses out of it.  Of course the flavor is not as strong as the first batch.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

So refreshing Brit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...