Friday, May 31, 2013

KIDS PICK: (RAWVEGAN) FUDGESICLES!


 
 
Summer is upon us and boy does my son like anything that is frozen and sweet like ice cream.  As most moms are, I am always trying to make my own healthier version of my son's favorite foods.  I made this Chocolate Almond Milk Ice Cream not to long ago and the fact that my son loved it, made me so happy.  
 
His favorite after "school" snack for the past year and half happens to be popsicles.  So, I've made him several different varieties, but recently I made these "fudgesicles" for him and he love them too!    (Do you all remember Fudgesicles?  Do they still make those?  I don't even know...)   Ridiculously simple, I love it.  Sometimes, I will even try to sneak some spinach into it. - Shhhhhh!  Just take the Chocolate Almond Milk Ice Cream recipe and pour it into the popsicle mold and freeze.  Voila!
 
 

RAWVEGAN FUDGESICLES

 
 
1 cup almond milk
2 frozen bananas (freeze in small pieces)
1 heaping tablespoon of raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon raw honey or agave
 

DIRECTIONS

 
Blend all of the ingredients together in a high speed blender.  The consistency should be thicker than a smoothie.   Pour the mixture into your favorite popsicle molds and freeze.
Enjoy!
 
 
Join the discussion!



What's your child's favorite raw or vegan after school snack?   Feel free to share it in the comments below. Links are welcome!
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...