Friday, March 8, 2013

SPINACH, WALNUT SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO SPREAD

 
 
 
I am all about zesty, flavorful food.  This pesto spread really delivers with bursts of sun dried tomatoes and lemon.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!  It's Friday night so, let's do this!
 
 

SPINACH, WALNUT SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO SPREAD

 
3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
3/4 cup raw walnuts
1-1/2 cup spinach
1-2 cloves of garlic
Juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon
Pealed and sliced pieces persian cucumbers
Fresh basil for garnish
 
Put all the ingredients into a food processor and process until combined well.  I don't like to process it too much, leaving this mixture a little chunky.  Use your desired amount of garlic and lemon juice.  The more you use the zestier it will be, so I'll leave that up to you...  Placed a small scoup of the pesto mixture on top of pealed and sliced persian cucumbers and top with a piece of fresh basil.  It's so fresh and flavorful! 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
Join the discussion!

Do you have a favorite pesto recipe? We'd love to hear what if is.  Feel free to share it in the comments below.  Links are welcome!
 



4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful appetizer!

Felicia said...

Thank you Helen! xFelicia

David said...

I made this last night for a St. Patty party and everyone loved it. I do have a question about the sun dried tomatoes. Do you use them from the jar in oil? I did and it seemed too oily, so I blotted them dry before I put them in the food processor. Thank you for a great recipe!

Felicia said...

Hello! I actually use dry sun dried tomaotoes. You can usually find them at your local grocer, Whole Foods or even Trader Joes. I got mine at Trader Joes. Of course the best would be to dehydrate your own if you can. Thanks so much for sharing your comment! So glad you liked the recipe! xF

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...